REVIEW | Defects by Sarah Noffke

Title: Defects

Series: The Reverians (#1)

Author: Noffke, Sarah

Format: Audiobook

Edition: English

Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Publication: August 6th, 2015

Pages: 222

Goodreads Blurb: 
" In the happy, clean community of Austin Valley, everything appears to be perfect. Seventeen-year-old Em Fuller, however, fears something is askew. Em is one of the new generation of Dream Travelers. For some reason, the gods have not seen fit to gift all of them with their expected special abilities. 
Em is a Defect—one of the unfortunate Dream Travelers not gifted with a psychic power. Desperate to do whatever it takes to earn her gift, she endures painful daily injections along with commands from her overbearing, loveless father. One of the few bright spots in her life is the return of a friend she had thought dead—but with his return comes the knowledge of a shocking, unforgivable truth. The society Em thought was protecting her has actually been betraying her, but she has no idea how to break away from its authority without hurting everyone she loves. "


My Rating: ✿✿✿


My Review:


I received this audiobook from the author, and I had to admit that after starting listening to it, I just couldn't stop!!!

I'm not sure if it's the story, or the writing/narrating, or the characters, or all three of these factors together, that made me unable to even push the pause button, but I loved each and every element of this book nonetheless!

But, let me describe it all, one factor at a time!

The plot, really interesting and unique!
The phenomenally happy, clean and peaceful community of Austin Valley consists of Dream Travelers, where each person has a special ability! 
But the small community isn't as unified as it used to be. More and more defects are being discovered as the years pass by!

The daughter of the President's right hand, Em Fuller, is one of those defects!
But, her natural curiosity and the sudden reveal that one of her old dear friends is still alive, after so many years of mourning him, will lead her to suspect that something bigger is behind everything!

But, exactly who and what is at fault, that question remains a mystery!
And, not only for the heroine!
We, the readers, are being thrown on one major plot twist after the other, with more huge reveals and fast building of sentiments for the main heroes.

I was left with my mouth hanging open far too many times, while also not being able to withhold myself from sharing the story, and every single discovery I was aware of, with practically anyone who would listen to me raving about this book!

I loved Em, and I loved Rogue, Zack and Nona!
To the point that I really loved them!

And, likewise, I hated deeply and with a passion all that tried to make Em's life difficult! (Sadly, I can't reveal who they are or rage about them, as I will be giving away major spoilers - yes, the ones that left me gaping at my walls - )

So many deep and contradicted feelings of love and hatred for the different characters, generated by this books!

If you really are looking for a book that will combine, adventure, romance, passion, scandals and secret communities, full of people with amazing abilities, then do not hesitate for a second and pick up this book!



All in all, 5 stars for a read that had it all! 
Amazing writing style and plot, amazing main and side characters, 
as well as some of the most evil ones I've ever encountered!

No comments:

Post a Comment