I Dare You Book Tag

I was tagged by the super sweet Mrs_Bookdragon over on instagram, to do the "I Dare You Book Tag", to which she was originally tagged by Thrice Read!

To my understanding, the original creator is Lena of BookFandom1001!
 THE RULES ARE THE FOLLOWING:
  • You must be honest
  • You can’t not answer a question
  • You have to tag at least four people

Which book has been on your shelves the longest?

Hmm, this could mean either books I've bought and left gathering dust for years, or books I've owned the longest, regardless of my reading procession of them. Both possible answers, though, can result in me reciting a long list of books. I am an obsessed bibliophile, and really have a struggle to exit a bookstore without any purchases, from a really young age, you see!

What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?

My current read (or, rather, audiobook) is Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince!
My last read was Stolen Souls by Stuart Neville.
And, my next read will either be Extraordinary People by Peter May, or the Johnson Road saga by Clayton E. Spriggs. 

What book did everyone like, but you hated?

I haven't hated many books. Most of them I just dislike. And, some, I don't find particularly exciting. A slow read had been the first book of Harry Potter for me, but on my second attempt I devoured the book. And, then I listened to the whole audiobook!
I've also dropped Narnia. But, who knows, one day I might try those books again!

What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t.

All those ebooks I have managed to acquire within the last years. My kindle has filled and refilled, and I just don't scroll all the way down anymore!

Which book are you saving for retirement?

None actually, because the moment I decide that I want to save a book for later, that will be the moment I will NEED to read it the most!

Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

Definitely wait until the end. And, at the rare times that something happens and I get a glimpse, I instantly regret it.

Acknowledgements : waste of paper and ink or interesting aside?

Um, not exactly a waste of paper and ink. I just "acknowledge" them myself only when a book and its author have stolen my heart (which happens rarely, but then is the moment I will try to read every single detail that has been printed upon the new addition to my favorites!

Which book character would you switch places with?

Hmm, tough question, because all of the characters usually find themselves in rather grave situations. But, I would gladly switch places with people that go to boarding schools (a fetish of mine)!

Like my first bookish addiction: the Laura Leander series by Peter Freund.

Or, Hogwarts, for so many obvious reasons. Magic and beautiful setting among them!

And, I would even like to go to St.Vladimir's Academy from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I was very much into vampires back then.

Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?

Hmm, mostly my childhood books. That I have mostly connected with my parents and probably vacations we took.
Or, our weekly visit to my favorite super market (yes, I do have such a thing!), where I got to spend half of the day in the books aisle while my parents were grocery shopping, and then choose one book to get home with me and spend the other half of the day devouring it.

Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.

Hmm, most interesting way... I've acquired quite a few books through giveaways, and it is always so exciting to find out I've won, so yeah!

Have you ever given away book for a special reason to a special person?

I've bought books as gifts countless times! I deeply believe that a book is the greatest present, so yeah! I've also lent books, but these times can be counted on the fingers of only one of my hands, as I feels quite overprotective of my precious!

Which book has been with you the most places?

Hmmm..... I'd say, my audiobooks! And, ebooks of course, but seeing as I listen to my audiobooks in my phone, yeah! Most of my audiobooks are my Harry Potter copies!

Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?

In high school we were required to read mostly Greek literature, with a great emphasis on Ancient Greek scripts, but I really haven't gotten down to reading them again!

What is the strangest item you’ve found in a book?

Well, if we count pop-up books, quite a few things actually. I own a really spooky one, which I loved immensely, and in which I found so odd-smelling cards inside.

Used or brand new?

Usually brand new! I even have some issues when taking home library books, but if a used one is in a pretty good condition, I tend to forget about it.

Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

No, and I'm not sure I would like to, as religion is a complicated matter I'm not really into reading about on my spare time!

Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?

Aaah tough one, too! Mostly because if I watch a movie before I've read the book, I rarely try the book afterwards. BUT! The Harry Potter movies, and especially the first ones, are so lovely and cozy I want to watch them all the time!

A book that should have NEVER been published

Only one comes to mind that I found down-right repulsive when I first read. It's probably unknown to almost everyone, and it fell to my hands because it was supposed to be written by an Anonymous person, which greatly intrigued me!

Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks excluded?

Um, yes, definitely, I can be hungry all the time!

Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?

Um, not anyone in particular! I like to take advice and recommendations by everyone, but lots of factors contribute to what I will finally read, like the cover, the description, everything!



~~~



I will be tagging some of my fellow bloggers on an Instagram post,
but if you happen to fall upon this blog post, feel free to tag yourself, too, and everyone you wish, to this awesome and fun tag!

4 comments:

  1. That was fun reading! I just finished the Half-Blood Prince (again!) and I loved it. Glad you enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for tagging me lovely, it was sooo much fun to do!!!

      I am past half-way through the Half-Blood Prince, and I'm so anxious to keep listening! It's my first time through the book and I'm itching with anxiety, as I don't remember the movie very much!

      Delete
  2. I love your answers! I love winning giveaways too but so far I've never won books through a giveaway. It's always been magnetic bookmarks :P

    Also, I would love it if you could check out my answers to this tag:
    https://ravenandbeez.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/i-dare-you-booktag/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag and I'm glad you wrote this post! Is this your first read of Harry Potter? Also, I have recently started Narnia, I know I've read some of them in the past, but I don't think I've read them all. Why did you drop them?

    ReplyDelete