REVIEW: A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas

 Title: A Court Of Thorns And Roses

Part of Series: A Court Of Thorns And Roses (#1)

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Format: Paperback by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Edition: English

Publication: May, 2016 (Original publication May, 2015)

Pages: 324


My Rating: ✿✿✿✿✿


My Review:

I picked up this book after realizing all the hype that surrounded it.
I had previously read Throne Of Glass, the first book in a previous series also written by Sarah J. Maas. And, as I had liked this book very much, I knew what to expect in terms of writing style.
So, the fact I actually loved the writing of this book, was no surprise.
I even found that the author had a slightly improved style, which added to my delight.

My only problem with this book was that for about the first 200, while I liked the story and the world-building, and virtually everything, it was just that! I liked it, but I didn't feel anything more than that. And, I found myself thinking that the protagonist, Feyre, didn't express any major feelings, either. The story processed with Feyre neutral and passive to what the fate brought upon her.

Until, a major decision she (finally) made!
After this point I completely fell in love with the book!!!

I loved Feyre, I loved Tamlin even more, I loved all the twists and turns of the story, and I even became all emotional right when everything was going to be determined!
I was an emotional wreck, and I just couldn't put that book down until I was sure about the exact way everything turned out.
And, I definitely hadn't predicted the outcome!

As for the rest of the characters?
I loved quite a few (mostly fairies).

Tamlin was just so lovely and hot, with a fine dose of ferocity I grew to love.

Rhysand, well, was another matter. While at first I didn't really like him, at the end, I felt so much warmer towards him that I might even actually end up loving him and his darkness a little too much. Or, I'm just too influenced by everyone that has read the sequel, too.
Hmm, we will figure that out, I guess.


All in all, 5 stars to the first book 
of a very promising series, that captivated me 
completely towards the end, and left me needing the sequel!


Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments:

Post a Comment